Better Choices, Better Health®
The Ohio Department of Aging in cooperation with Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (formerly Rehabilitative Services Commission) and other partners is pleased to offer this on-line program, known as Better Choices, Better Health, the online version of Healthy U. Better Choices, Better Health helps people manage the day-to-day challenges of living with a chronic disease. Better Choices, Better Health is a great option for you if you are unable to attend the in-person Healthy U workshops, and have regular internet access. View the video below to learn more about how you can benefit from participating in Better Choices, Better Health.
Please sign up so that we can assign you to the first availaible workshop.
View the Video
How it works
Better Choices, Better Health® is a six-week online workshop. You can participate anytime and anywhere you have Internet access. Workshops are designed for people living with health problems such as diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, heart disease, chronic pain, anxiety or any other long term health problems. A pair of trained facilitators, at least one of whom has an ongoing health problem, leads the workshop. While in the workshop, you will be able to:
- View weekly workshop lessons on a variety of topics such as healthful eating, exercise, making decisions, goal setting and communication skills
- Join up to 25 other workshop members who are also living with ongoing health problems
- Learn useful ways to deal with pain, fatigue, and stress
- Track your goals and celebrate your success
- Learn tips to manage your day-to-day activities
- Share your experiences and help others
- Discover fresh, practical ways to live better and healthier